To configure your email address in Mac Mail:
- Start up Mail.app
- Go to File->Add Account. The account setup utility will appear.
- Enter your name for the account, and the e-mail address and password of the account you wish to add. Click Continue.
- Choose the IMAP e-mail server type.
- Next enter the incoming mail server (mail.yourdomain.com). This server is for receiving incoming e-mails. Also authenticate by entering the user name and password for that specific account. Click Continue when done.
!! If you want to enable SSL then use your 'Incoming Mail Server: (SSL)' (e.g. cpanel-123-xyz.hostingww.com) instead of mail.yourdomain.com. You can find the correct server to use in your cPanel hosting confirmation email.
- Next, enter the information for the Outgoing mail server (mail.yourdomain.com). This is for sending out mail. Also check use authentication and enter your user name and password once again as you did before. Click Continue and then click Finish.
!! If you want to enable SSL then use your 'Outgoing Mail Server: (SSL)' (e.g. cpanel-123-xyz.hostingww.com). You can find the correct server to use in your cPanel hosting confirmation email.
Please confirm that the following settings are correct as well:
-Go to Mail > Preferences
-Go to Accounts and choose the IMAP Account
-Clear the IMAP Path Prefix
-Close the Preferences Window and make sure to hit Yes to the save question