To configure your email address in Mac Mail:
- Start up Mail
- Along the top-bar go to 'Mail' and 'Add Account'
- Select 'Add Other Mail Account' and 'Continue'
- At the next screen enter your Full Name, the Email Address and the Password you have set for that email address. Click 'Create'.
- You should receive a notification that the 'Account must be manually configured'. Click 'Next'.
- You will now be at the 'Incoming Mail Server Info'
** Pick your account type as IMAP
** In the Mail Server field enter mail.yourdomain.tld
** In the User Name field enter the full email address you are adding
** In the Password field enter the password for the specific email address
- You will now be at the 'Outgoing Mail Server Info'
**In the SMTP Server field enter mail.yourdomain.tld
** In the User Name field enter the full email address you are adding (**NOT OPTIONAL)
** In the Password field enter the password for the specific email address (**NOT OPTIONAL)
After adding the account please confirm that the following settings are correct as well:
- Go to Mail > Preferences
- Go to Accounts and choose the IMAP Account
- Choose the 'Advanced' tab
- Clear the IMAP Path Prefix
- Disable 'Automatically detect and maintain account settings'
- Click on the Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) and 'Edit SMTP Server List'
- Choose the 'Advanced' tab and 'Disable 'Automatically detect and maintain account settings' here also
- Close the Preferences Window and make sure to hit Yes to the save question