Please note this article is only relevant if you have cPanel hosting with us for the parent domain. If your subdomain is to be hosted with a third-party provider they would need to assist you with relevant settings
To make a subdomain, you simply need to edit your DNS records -- on our nameservers (if you were not on our nameservers already; then below DNS changes should be made with current nameserver provider), try these steps:
1) Log into your user account.
2) Go to "Domains" -> "My Domains"
3) Click on the domain name you wish to modify. This should take you to a new page.
4) Go to the "DNS Settings" tab
5) Select the "Use OnlyDomains Name Servers" option (If it isn't already selected) and click "Edit Zone Records"
From there, simply add DNS records where the "host" is your desired subdomain. (e.g. for "blog.mydomain.com", the host would just be "blog".)
The record to point at our hosting, should look something like:
The IP address should be the same as the other IP addresses in your zone file -- if you are not sure what your hosting IP address is, please advise us on our live chat and we can confirm that for you.
Please note that if the subdomain is on our platform, it also needs to be added to the hosting cPanel:
1) Log into your hosting cPanel.
2) Go to "Domains" (under "Domains")
3) Click on "Create A New Domain" Fill in your desired Subdomain (e.g. "blog.yourdomain.com")
4) Pick the folder the subdomain should be located in
If you are running into any problems, please feel free to contact us directly