To configure an IMAP account on Outlook.
- Click 'File' -> 'Info' -> 'Account Settings'
- Click 'New' and an "Add New Account" window will pop up.
- Select 'Manually configure server settings or additional server types'
- Select 'Internet E-mail'
- Enter your user information: your name + youremail@[DOMAIN_NAME] (For e.g.: Your Name + email@example.com)
- Select IMAP
- Enter mail.[DOMAIN_NAME] for both incoming and outgoing mail server.
- For log on information, Username will be the complete email address and then enter the password of your email account
- Tick box 'Remember Password' and untick 'Require logon using Secure Password Authentication (SPA)'
- Click 'More Settings' and under 'Outgoing Server', select 'My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication' and also select 'Use same settings as my incoming mail server'
- Go to 'Advanced' tab and use 993 as 'Incoming server (IMAP)' port number and select 'SSL' next to "Use the following type of encrypted connection"
- Use 465 for 'Outgoing server (SMTP)' and select 'SSL' next to "Use the following type of encrypted connection"
Proceed to test account and finish.